Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Starting afresh... Mani 1

So - I used to blog (sometimes) about my knitting and sewing. Which I do. Occasionally. The kiddos make it difficult.

However, I've been pretty diligent about my nails, and (thanks to the lovely gals at LHC) am becoming more and more polish obsessed.

Hence the birth of the polish blog. We'll see how this goes. :)

I'll start with today's mani.

I've just started using Salon Sciences Instant Artificials. So far, this stuff is amazing. I sometimes have super-peely nails. The most recent batch of it started about 2 months ago, and I've been unsuccessful so far in getting it to stop!

Enter Instant Artificials. I got at least 2 days off my last mani - that hasn't happened since the peeling started. Everything gets so weak at the peeling point that it bends/cracks/peels within hours. :(

I have a noticeable build of the Instant Artificials product on my nails, which is just what they need right now. I'm a happy girl!

The color is a cheapie 'Petites' from the big box store. The color is Tahitian Green. I'm pretty happy with it. 2 coats instant artificials, 2 coats color and 1 coat Seche Vite (how did I ever live without this stuff?)

Inside/Dark

















And outside in the sunshine.

















I like the color. I did later find a couple of places where it's a bit streaky. I could have likely used three coats, but overall it's a fun summer green that goes on easily. No complaints here!

No comments:

Post a Comment