So - I've not updated in over a month (and a half?). I have a good excuse though, if anyone is actually reading this (hello... ello... ello... judging by the echo in here maybe not!)
Anywho - I've had the worst case of peeling nails - EVER. It has been flat-out awful.
So after battling it for many moons with no success, I started googling on it again today and I found a new nail blog to drool over! http://loodieloodieloodie.blogspot.com/
The best part is that she's got TONS of great nail care info here - and she gives you the why, not just the how. (I'm guessing being a scientist - which is mega cool - figures in there somehow.)
I took off polish today. I moisturized. Then I buffed out these peelies. Then I moisturized again. Then I swabbed the nails with acetone so I could polish again. Then I used some of this stuff.
Which is totally awesome by the way. I've had success with it both with thick coats and thin.
So - hopefully with more regular moisturizing and slightly more care I can be back on my way to long and healthy nails. I can't believe that it's been so long since I've dealt with peeling that I'd forgotten how!
Which brings me to another point. Does anyone actually realize how many times their hands are wet in a day? I started paying attention today (after I'd moisturized of course).
- I change diapers - a lot. Wipes are wet. (The KIDS people, I'm not in diapers yet!)
- I wash my hands after changing diapers, that's wet.
- Dishes must be slightly rinsed before the decrepit dishwasher steps in, that's water, which is wet.
- I have to rinse the kiddos cups out several times a day - more water!
- I wash my hands rather frequently while cooking, that's more wetness.
- Then there's the shower. That's really wet.
Anyhoo - that's about it for today. I have some stash pictures to post as well as some other manis. Wheeee! Til then - happy polishing!